GG&G MAD Back Up Iron Sight
Availability: In Stock
MAD Back Up Iron Sight
(Multiple Aperture Device BUIS)
The GG&G MAD (Multiple Aperture Device) BUIS (Back Up Iron Sight)) was originally developed to fulfill a request from Naval Surface Warfare for a battle-ready, low profile back up iron sight system that provided both a large and small aperture on the same plane, as well as providing a co-witness capability with the majority of red dot optics. The MAD is the lowest profile locking detent BUIS offered, and is used by elite armed forces and law enforcement teams worldwide. For Federal Law Enforcement and Military orders, the NSN number is NSN 1005-01-527-6333
MAD Back Up Iron Sight Specifications:
- The GG&G MAD BUIS is easily installed.
- Solid squeeze rail attachment mechanism with counter sunk crossbolt to eliminate snags.
- The Multiple Aperture Device can be used as a co-witness iron sight with most red dot sighting systems, as a stand-alone sight or in conjunction with GG&G interface rails.
- The Sight is compatible with all GG&G Flip Up Front Sights.
- The MAD BUIS presents an extremely low profile when in the down position, allowing clearance for almost all optics.
- The sight stem locks in the up position with a positive mechanical detent system. In the up position, the sight cannot be folded down without depressing the spring assisted detent release button located on the left side of the sight base, eliminating the possibility of accidentally lowering the sight
- The MAD has four apertures; two of each size. (Rotating the aperture disc in either direction will bring the next size into view.)
- All apertures are on the same plane and thus zeroed to the same point of impact.
- The aperture disc is knurled for easier manipulation in combat environments.
- The MAD overhangs the rear of the receiver by 0.200-inch providing a lip, allowing the sight to be easily deployed even with a gloved hand.
- Small aperture diameter is 0.073-inch and large aperture in 0.199-inch in diameter.
- A tactile windage knob is used, with one click of the windage knob providing approximately 0.48 MOA change when mounted on the M16A2E4 rifle and about 0.65 MOA when mounted on the M4 carbine.
- The initial zero is set by adjusting the weapons front sight post.
- GG&G MAD BUIS ordering options include adding Trijicon Green Tritium night sight inserts that are factory installed.
- The MAD BUIS is compatible with Armalite AR-10 and DPMS LR series rifles.
- All hard edges have been softened and deburred and softened for the shooters safety.
- Material: The mount body is CNC manufactured from billet 6061 T6-aluminum alloy.
- Finish: All aluminum parts are Type III hard coat anodized in a non-reflective black mil-spec finish to provide combat durability.
- Finish: All steel components are manganese phosphated in a non-reflective black finish per mil-spec.
- Weight: Just over 2 oz.
- Warranty: Lifetime.
- Made In America By Men And Women Proud To Be Americans!
Write a review
Note: HTML is not translated!
Rating: Bad Good